Syngenta Operations Manager - PASCO WA in Pasco, Washington
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
Responsible for day-to-day activities and management of all processes of vegetable seed production for a production facility. Provide direct supervision and management of assigned plant operations, including: inventory management, warehousing, conditioning, treat/pack, quality testing and distribution. Assist with operational and capital budgets and management of plant personnel. Foster an operational culture founded on HSE, Quality, and process improvement. Active leadership in the Goal Zero initiative.
· Provide oversight, direct, and coordinates all phases of plant activities.
· Developed prepared seed and distribution plans.
· Coordinate and direct scheduling of quality, conditioning, reworking and treating processes with the Production and Supply Planning Team, and the Plant Operations Manager.
· Measure and report plan progress weekly, recognize variances and make adjustment to either meet or exceed plan, meet inventory accuracy business goals while adhering to Quality Core Processes.
· Ensure resources, people, processes and systems are in place to achieve site goals.
· Responsible for implementation and training of Quality Business Systems.
· Participation and coordination of quarterly management reviews and ensure audit schedule is updated and audits are conducted with learning implemented.
· Develop Continuous improvement process program that drive efficiency and safety.
· Coordinate and direct scheduling of needed inventory to facilitate the fulfillment of orders on a timely and efficient manner.
· Work within Operating Budgets including COG-P Budgets for Plant Fixed and Variable Costs.
· Assist with activity rate development to drive improved operational effectiveness and costs.
· Manage and develop Capital Investments to deliver HSE, quality and financial objectives.
· Recruit, recognize and retain employees to meet Operation’s capacity strategies.
· Implementation of an effective Performance Management program with employee development plans and recognize needed changes in organizational structure to achieve operational and cost effectiveness.
· Ensure all policies and protocols are up-to-date and are being followed by all employees and contractors.
· Demonstrate critical effectiveness in leadership skills, confronting problems directly, challenge other managers/direct reports to make difficult decisions.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines. Active leadership in the “Goal Zero” campaign.
· Ensure compliance with all OSHA and Government regulations including Worker Protection Standards, Conduct and comply with audits to ensure HSE aspirations are being met or plans are in place.
· Develop and nurture a culture which ensures HSE integration into all activities while also encouraging employee to take personal responsibility for HSE.
· Works closely on projects with Regional HSE for continuous improvement.
· Work with PPT or other specialists to test/implement new production concepts.
· Remain current with latest production technology and develop specialized skills (i.e. systems, data analysis, equipment maintenance, fertility, irrigation management, etc.) to support seed growers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture related field of study
- 3 years experience in supply chain activities within the SEED industry OR 4 years of experience in supply chain activities in any industry
- 3 years people and operations management experience
- Experience managing projects outside of normal plant activities
- Experience driving process improvement and fostering a culture based on Lean principles
- Competent in coaching and developing people
- Experience with influencing Staff, Leadership, and/or change, in a business environment
Strong PC and business software skills.
ability to communicate using the Spanish language
- Documented experience creating plans and setting direction
- Ability to develop a Plant Business/Improvement Plan
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to create effective and efficient communication tools for employees and seed growers; establishes clear objectives and timelines for work; good listener.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
Ability to work independently
Critical leadership capabilities:
Decisive: Ability to make timely and well thought out recommendations that are supported by data and analysis.
- / Trusted: / Meets all work commitments and follows through in a responsible and reliable manner; professionally and confidentially handles sensitive information.
- / Customer-Focused / : Responsive to the needs of internal and external customers, particularly dealers and customers in their geographic distribution area.
- / Results-Oriented / : Establishes measurable goals for location employees that are consistent with departmental goals and serve to improve product cost, quality and reliability.
- / Team-Oriented / : Works well across all Business Units and functions; values input from others.
- Innovative: Continually seeks new and unique opportunities to improve product quality and cost, and employee satisfaction.
- / Set direction / : Communicates with impact - Gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way.
- / Create edge: / Leads change and holds ambiguity - Uses effective strategies to facilitate organizational change initiatives and overcomes resistance to change.
- / Drive results / : Focuses on customers -Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Manages for performance - Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
/ Liberate potential / : Develops people, organization, and self - Coaches people to excel, provides opportunities for learning, and creates a climate for development and growth.
For more information about us please visithttp://www.syngenta.com/.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ensure in its respective area of responsibility and in close cooperation and alignment with Legal and Taxes and other expert functions, Syngenta's full compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory framework as well as Syngenta's own legal and ethical, HSE, Corporate Security, Risk Management and Corporate Governance standards.
Syngenta Contact Information: If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk email@example.com.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm) Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job: *CP Production
Title: Operations Manager - PASCO WA
Requisition ID: 1700574