Pacific Oaks Education Corporation Operations Services Assistant in Pasadena, California
OPERATIONS SERVICES ASSISTANT
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we’d like to hear from you!
The Operations Services Assistant is responsible for processing all internal and external mail for Pacific Oaks College and the Children’s School while providing support to the Facilities Manager in various department projects. Under general supervision, the Operations Services Assistant is also responsible for ordering all recurring and special purchases for the organization. The ideal candidate will possess a positive, helpful, and courteous disposition towards all internal and external customers and be able to maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
This position is located in Pasadena works, a full-time schedule of 40 hours per week, and reports directly to the Facilities Manager.
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail into appropriate mailboxes
- Meter all outgoing mail and take to local Post Office
- Pick up and deliver mail to College campus and Children’s School and process mail according to Post Office regulations, including certified, insured, and international mail
- Manage and create reports to track department codes for postage machines usage and copy machine’s usage
- Maintain adequate postage levels in the postage meter and maintain postage machine as needed by changing cartridge and paper
- Responsible for making supply purchases and processing invoices in Ariett Purchasing System for review and approval by Facilities Manager
- Provides support to Facilities Manager in regards to vendor management with the following: vendor search, appointments scheduling, walkthroughs, inspections and/or site visits
- Maintain a tracking report of purchased items, prices purchase order numbers, supply code numbers, etc. for Facilities Manager’s review at the end of each month
- Review inventory of department supplies as determined by Facilities Manager
- Schedule maintenance service for both the postage machines and copier machines as needed
- Understand all functions of the copier machines and assist or teach others how to use the copier machines. Perform general service on copier machines including clearing paper jams, adding toner, adding staples and simple trouble-shooting
- Add and/or delete copiers’ codes when appropriate and perform simple programming on the copiers
- Setting up and maintaining filing systems
- Attend and assist setting up various company meetings and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to use general office equipment phones, copiers, faxes, scanners, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new systems or software
- Ability to identify pending tasks and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with faculty and staff members at all levels of the organization and to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to drive own car (locally) between Pacific Oaks College, Children’s School, and local post office
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Up to 2 years of experience preferred; in a similar capacity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with faculty, staff, students an external customers
- Preferred knowledge of Ariett (invoice software) or basic knowledge of invoicing procedures with similar software
- Ability to work in an environment with machinery-based noise and heat-generating equipment.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
- Posted 24 Days Ago
- Full time