Constellis Senior Manager, Accounting Operations in Palm Beach Garden, Florida
Responsible for the efficient operation and customer service orientation of the Accounts Payable (A/P) and Payroll Departments. Serves as a liaison to the programs, vendors , employees and other contacts regarding accounts payable and payroll matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Overall:
- Provides leadership, supervision, guidance, support and evaluation of staff.
- Allocates assignments and workload in a manner that is fair and reasonable. Establishes working relationships with technical and business counterparts.
- Evaluates risks and gaps in business processes and develops effective internal controls.
- Establishes department goals and monitors key metrics, analysis and reporting.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and networks with all departments and appropriate outside contacts that interact with the departments.
- Lead continuous improvement, including: processes, systems, and outside support targeted to improve department efficiencies thus reducing risk and cutting costs.
- Responsible for accuracy in financial reporting and meeting accounting deadlines.
Accounts payable responsibilities
- Develop and implement organization guidelines for A/P. Communicates and provides guidance on A/P policies and procedures in addition to company policies and procedures
- Manages the department to ensure the proper and timely processing of invoices and requests for payment.
- Approves invoice processing and payment processing based on established guidelines
- Responds to calls and inquiries from internal and external customers regarding outstanding balances, accounts or issues works to resolve issues or disparities as they arise.
- Provides AP leadership and attends meetings as required.
- Supervises the expense reporting function for the company
- Develop an effective working relationship with procurement to ensure vendors experience with Constellis is one of positive and proactive nature.
- Develop and implement organization guidelines for Payroll. Communicates and provides guidance on Payroll policies and procedures in addition to company policies and procedures
- Manage timekeeping processes to ensure time reporting is accurate and supportable for audit purposes.
- Directs all aspects of payroll operations.
- Oversees payroll processes and procedures including taxes and 401k plan
- Responds to calls and inquiries from internal customers regarding payroll matters as they arise.
- Provides Payroll leadership and attends meetings as required including new project set up.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the payroll and tax filing software to include the systems' functions, capabilities and limitations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PROFILE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or related degree.
- Seven (5) years of related experience required with supervisory experience.
- Strong computer literacy and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. Experience with Deltek Costpoint is strongly preferred,
- Experience with ADP preferred.
- Strong process improvement experience.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled