Army National Guard Units (Title 32) FLIGHT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST in Otis ANG Base, Massachusetts
About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a FLIGHT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D0671000and is part of the MA ARNG AASF 1, National Guard. This is a Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: MAJ James Paulette 508-968-5216
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
As a FLIGHT OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-2102-8, Duties will include but may not limited to:
- Conduct preflight briefings for pilots and provide in-flight advisory services.
- Conduct preflight pilot briefings in accordance with National Guard regulations and directives.
- Brief and provides pilots with information on mission restrictions; on-route navigational facilities and equipment, hazards and terrain; weather forecasts; notices to airmen (NOTAMS) and deviations to flight plans when required.
- Process extended and local clearances, including examination for conformance with flight rules and regulations.
- Prepare, maintain and file records, charts, graphs, and reports allied to flight operations and flight training activities such as aircraft utilization reports, aircrew information reports, individual flight records, notice to airmen (NOTAM) file and airfield data.
- Maintain current file of aircraft flying regulations and navigational information such as radio facility carts, instrument approach procedure charts; aeronautical charts, airport directory, location identifiers, procedures manual and Army Flight Information Publications.
- Maintain and accounts for aircrew training records, medical recommendations, aeronautical orders, physiological training, and aviation service data.
- Experience using CAFRS is a requirement for this position
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Some night shift work will be required for this position
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All current members of the Massachusetts Army National Guard and those eligible to transfer into the Massachusetts Army National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Favorable background check is required
- Direct Deposit is required
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience, education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying basic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of a transportation program. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Must possess at least 18 months experience, education, or training arranging and interpreting directives and regulations governing transportation of personnel, cargo or freight. Experience applying directives and regulations governing transportation of personnel, cargo or freight. Experience verifying legal entitlements or official authorizations for travel, securing from carriers guides and timetables, information regarding schedules, fares, and availability of space accommodations. Experience planning and organizing the work of others.
There is no educational requirement at this level.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard.
Military Grades: PFC to SFC
Compatible MOS: 15P *All applications will be considered regardless of Branch AOC/FA/MOS.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
What To Expect Next
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Review our benefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Currently, there is only one vacancy to be filled; however additional vacancies that occur within 90 days may be filled from this announcement.
MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program incentive, the following termination rule applies:
Incentive Termination without Recoupment: If you accept an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) position or a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent or Indefinite position after 25 February 2010 where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476419100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-08 to 2017-09-01
Salary: $49,955 to $64,938 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 8
Series: 2102 Transportation Clerk And Assistant
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: MA-10033524-AR-17-037
Control number: 476419100