Florida Hospital RN Operating Room Nurse Training Program (OR-RN) - ALL LOCATIONS in Orlando, Florida
Florida Hospital seeks to hire an Experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital's Operating Room Nurse Internship Program (ORNIP) is for the/_Experienced RN_/who is transitioning to the Operating Room from another specialty. The orientation program for the Registered Nurse (RN) is designed to teach the roles and responsibilities of the circulator and scrub nurse in the operating room. The internship program (40 hours/week) is a combination of didactic and practice in the clinical setting. The RN is oriented to the standards, policies, procedures, and protocols of surgery and the hospital. He/she will be rotated through the various surgical specialties. Depending on your hiring department and the specialties they perform, you may rotate to another campus or location to learn certain specialties.
- Program Specifics*
· Program Start: September 11,2017
· Full-time paid internship and nursing position
· Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
· Day and/or night shifts per unit needs: Shifts are not guaranteed
· Two year contract required
- Job Summary*
As a Registered Nurse with Florida Hospital, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere.The RN is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience Required*
· BLS certification
· Demonstrates ability to communication by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
· Graduate of a school of nursing
· Bachelor's degree in nursing (preferred)
· One year hospital experience (preferred)
- Licensure, Certification or Registration Required*
· Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse.
- Job Responsibilities*
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition.
· Able to identify individualized plan of care. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care.
· Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
· Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
· Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade nursing skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Operating Room Nurse Internship Program opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today!*
Job Keywords: Circulator, Circulating, Circulate, Surgical, Residency, OR, Perioperative, Peri-operative, Surgery, Training
Organization: *Florida Hospital
Title: RN Operating Room Nurse Training Program (OR-RN) - ALL LOCATIONS
Requisition ID: 255108