Sallyport Global Operations Manager in ORLANDO, Florida
/So what does the Operations Manager at Michael Baker International do?/
As part of our Florida Transportation team you will provide strong leadership of a team of engineers and designers on transportation projects; satisfying project and customer requirements, technical standards and adherence to quality standards, procedures and protocols; and providing technical support, mentoring and developing junior professional staff.
/Can you walk me through a typical day of an Operations Manager?/
- You will be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- You will continually bring in new work and increase backlog
- You will manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services within Transportation practice to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- You will lead plan production for conventional design-bid-build and design-build highway projects.
- You will review the work of other professionals – this includes QA/QC, mentoring, training and growing staff in the performance of job duties.
- You will manage project budgets and schedules, interface with client, and prepare/submit invoices.
- You will have a broad understanding of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures and traffic related items.
- You will coordinate with other Project Managers to balance workload and staffing needs.
- You will determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations, technical articles, conferences and boards.
You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation’s most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
/What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?/
We are committed to the growth of our internal leadership and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
As the Sr. Transportation Project Manager you will have the opportunity to advance into other leadership roles such as the regional practice, market leader, or office executive. There are also many opportunities to advance or move laterally into other areas of interest within the business!
/Could you be the Operations Manager we are looking for?/
· A B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering. If you have an advanced engineering degree, that’s even better.
· At least 15 years in Engineering or Project Management preferred, with 10 years supervising engineering personnel
· Entrepreneurial spirit to expand our Surface Transportation practice.
· Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
· Strong engineering judgment and solid background in transportation.
· 15 years of experience working inthe Florida transportationmarket preferred.
· Direct contact with FDOT, Regional Authority and municipal clients.
· 15 years of transportation experience with progressive levels of responsibility, including project size and complexity.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System
· Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain in six (6) months
· Moderate travel around Florida.
/Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?/
· Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference .
/Why is it important?/
· For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
/How do I apply?/
· Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.
· If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our Glassdoor , LinkedIn and Great Places to Work pages.
Title: Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 171530