Waste Management Light Equipment Operator in Ontario, Canada
Our Equipment Operators set-up and operate a wide variety of equipment and performs work per specifications in a safe manner in our landfill facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates equipment in compliance with WM operating procedures.
• Verifies equipment is in working order, e.g., tooling, safety mechanisms.
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
• Performs daily maintenance and cleaning activities.
Skills & Experience
• Four years’ previous experience working on various equipment. Farm experience an asset.
• Valid G class Driving Licence
• Comfortable performing physical duties of the role in a landfill environment; working outdoors in all weather extremes.
What’s In It For You?
Employees receive a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. Our employees also receive paid vacation and holidays. Benefits vary by site and are in accordance with the collective agreement in place.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job: Labor General/Skilled/Trade
Title: Light Equipment Operator
Requisition ID: 17013222