Penski Staffing Machine Operator in Ogdensburg, New York
Operate or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacture of garment products. The proper way to tend to a sewing machine is as follows:
"Place spool of thread on spindle of machine and draw thread through machine guides, tensions, and eye of needle. Insert bobbin into shuttle and draw thread through slot in shuttle wall, or draw thread through guide and looper eye. Press knee lever, depress pedal, or moves hand lever to raise presser foot or spread feed cups. Position parts to be joined under presser foot and needle and lower presser foot."
This is a temporary position that is expected to begin July 10th, 2017 and run through the end of the year!
• May operate a variety of machines including sewing machines, sergers, fabric drills, knives, label maker, webbing cutter, rotary shears and fabric spreader.
• Observe stitching to detect defects and notify supervisor if defects are caused by machine malfunction.
• May label and package completed garments.
• Understand safety features and safe operation methods for all machines.
• May maintain time targets for garment production to support production deadlines.
• May assist in design and pattern making and design reviews as required.
• Maintain a tidy work area to ensure employee safety.
• Guide parts under needle, using fingers and hands, and following edges or seams.
• May oil machine, change needles, or secure modifying attachments to machine.
• Work in a production/manufacturing environment
• Ability to communicate and read in English
Rate of Pay
Type of Position
Typically Monday to Friday
July 10th, 2017