Citi Operational Risk Analyst II - CBSU in O'Fallon, Missouri
Primary Location: United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17045432
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citibank has designed a process to conduct Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence on Retail Bank clients. The program includes review of transaction activity and necessary “Know Your Customer” information.
Citibank’s Consumer Business Support Unit (CBSU) is seeking an Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) Analyst that can successfully analyze transaction activity associated with identified high risk clients based on a client’s profile. Specific responsibilities vary and may involve reviewing a client’s account activity, statements, internet research, and client profile information, which may result in escalation of unusual activity to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). This position will require some overtime and internal and external customer contact may be required. Primary focus is to review domestic consumer and entity accounts.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain production goals and quality standards while seeking to identify best practices. The selected candidate must also maintain a strong level of independence and possess the ability to think on their feet. Strong written and verbal communication skills are key components to succeed in this role. The selected candidate may also assist in the on-boarding and training of new associates. The selected candidate must also maintain excellent organizational and time management skills with a high focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
• Minimum 1-3 years of Financial Crimes, AML Investigations, or Operational Risk experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
• Regulatory and Sanction Screening Experience for Consumer/Business
• Working knowledge of AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to review customer data with emphasis on risk evaluation
• High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management
• Ability to work independently and use of judgment
• Knowledge of Citibank branch processes and procedures
• Strong knowledge of Citibank customer and transaction systems ( i.e., Concierge, Citismart, CRU, On Demand, etc.)