CME Associates, Inc. Drill Rig Operator in North Syracuse Drilling Division, New York
The Drill Rig Operator is responsible for safe and productive operation of the drilling equipment and management of drilling crew. The crew typically consists of a Driller and a Drillers Assistant (Helper). Rigs are mounted on trucks, ATV’s, skids or trailers. Driller must perform Hollow Stem Auguring, Spun or Driven casing, Mud Rotary, Split Spoon Sampling, NQ Rock coring. Driller must install groundwater monitor wells and Infiltration Test Casings. Driller must work with Geotechnical Engineers, Geologists and client personnel.
- Perform required boring layout and elevations for projects
- Reads project drawings and instructions to determine scope of work
- Knowledge of soil classification and drilling/sampling technology
- Knowledge of safety procedures on all drilling equipment with special emphasis on “Kill Switches”
- Performs test borings and installation of groundwater monitoring wells
- Loads appropriate drilling, sampling and well installation supplies for the daily tasks
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks and prepares appropriate documentation
- Basic knowledge of welding/repair skills
- Effectively communicate with Engineers, Geologists, and Clients
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status.
CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.
A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).
Posted On: Thursday, 11 May 2017
Department: Div. 5 (N. Syracuse)
Location: North Syracuse Drilling Division
Education: High School
Category: Skilled Labor