Andersen Windows and Doors Machine Operator (Extrusion) 3rd Shift in North Brunswick, New Jersey
Are you mechanically inclined? Do you enjoy working with your hands rather than sitting at a desk? If so, come join us at Silver Line Building Products, LLC. in North Brunswick, NJ! We are looking for bright individuals who are interested in creating a career in manufacturing. Apply online to find out more!
Purpose: Under limited supervision, the Extrusion Operator will be expected to tend to and operate extrusion machines in a work cell to produce required parts as determined by customer requirements and the production schedule. Clearly understands and has demonstrated strong capability with set-ups, start-ups, running and tearing down any profile tooling in a safe and productive manner. Troubleshoot extrusion issues within a work cell.
- Analyze production data and make necessary adjustments to operation of machines within the work cell.
- Move materials in and out of the line as needed; including packaging materials, raw materials, and finished product.
- Complete necessary documentation; process checks, quality checks, production reporting, etc.
- Create labels and wrap loads per standard work. Fill in for lead in signing off loads.
- Trouble-shoot advanced problems against a defined process and refer complex problems to appropriate support functions; ie – Technicians and Engineering.
- Identify and communicate appropriately when electrical/mechanical/technical support is needed.
- Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies. Make sure co-workers are working safely and following safety policies.
- Lead and train work cell when needed.
- Attend and participate in appropriate training and development programs.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic computer skills – keyboarding, Windows.
- Master all skills and knowledge while working as an Extrusion Operator.
- Developing strong process and equipment troubleshooting capabilities.
- Equipment maintenance experience.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Ability to articulate problems and solutions verbally.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and process procedures.
- Ability and skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
1st and 2nd shift will start off at $13.50.
3rd shift will start off at $14.50.
Primary Location: United States-NJ-North Brunswick
Organization: Silver Line Building Products
Job Posting: Jul 7, 2017, 10:44:18 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 21655