Titan America Loader Operator/Plant Back-up in Norfolk, Virginia
Titan Virginia Ready Mix is looking for high energy women and men to fill an opening for a Loader Operator in our Campostella facility. Titan Virginia Ready Mix offers excellent wages and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k savings plan, paid vacation, and holidays. Candidates should be flexible, patient, trustworthy, customer service driven, and adaptable to changing environments and schedules.
The Loader Operator loads material from stockpiles and may oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment. Assist with plant and facility housekeeping including shoveling, washing and minor repairs. Responsible for the safe, efficient production of ready-mix concrete. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Load material from stockpiles and may oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment
- Maintain plant in excellent condition, mechanically and esthetically to include loaders and mixers
- Ensure that the yard is maintained including under the tail pulleys and wash racks, perform housekeeping duties when needed including shoveling, washing and minor repairs
- Responsible for the safe, efficient production of ready-mix concrete using an automated computerized batching system
- Maintain a consistent batching sequence and monitor scale and gate accuracy
- Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customers’ expectations regarding quality and service
- Ensure deliveries are made promptly, safely and efficiently
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Assist maintenance team with plant repairs as needed
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Working outdoors with exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold and other outdoor environmental conditions, constant standing and walking, climbing, working from heights and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stretching, driving/steering, sitting, twisting, vibration, riding on rough terrain.
- Ability to pass pre-employment processes including criminal background check, physical and drug screen
- Travel between sites as needed
- Must have (or must be able to obtain as soon as possible) ACI Level I Field Testing Technician and VDOT Concrete Batch Plant Operator Certifications within 90 days of hire
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to supervise multiple employees, previous supervisory experience preferred
- Basic understanding of concrete characteristics and production
- Ability to travel within delivery area to other plant locations
- Previous experience in ready-mix industry preferred
- Valid CDL preferred
- Previous experience and knowledge of safe operation of heavy equipment
- Knowledge of proper material handling practicesYears Of Experience:3-5 Travel:Up to 25%
- Level of Education:High School
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Tracking Code: 2017-42AB
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular