Goldman Sachs & Company Technology - Operations Technology - PEP Slang Developer Reg Reporting - Vice President - New York in New York, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration.
Financial Regulators around the world continue to impose new regulatory obligations and evolve existing ones. In response, the firm continues to invest heavily in technology to meet these demands and protect the firm's reputation. The Post Execution Regulatory Reporting team plays a critical role here, developing processes to extract complex data from trading systems in a timely manner.
The team is responsible for:
* Working with Operations / Reg Ops Tech to understand requirements
* Modelling data - Sourcing data from trading systems
* Transforming data using Slang/Java We operate out of New York, London and Bengaluru
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* You will work on both new and existing regulatory reporting jurisdictions (including MIFID2), and have the opportunity to work on strategic architecture
* Work on highly visible projects, which are essential for the firm's commercial and reputational success
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field
* 1-3 years programming in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java, C#
* Application development using relational or object oriented databases
* Strong problem solving skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Employer's Job# 2017-24669
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.