Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Analyst, Operations in New York, New York
SR ANALYST, COMPLIANCE
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2016revenues of $12.9 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less®(“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the UnitedStates with 1,340 locations in 36 states, the District of Columbia and Guam.The Company also operates over 190 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 15 states thatfeature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, namebrand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family ateveryday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantlyevolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy andrespond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brandmerchandise. With its solid managementteam, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross isideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Senior Analyst position serves as a key interface between Merchants, Direct Imports, Logistics, Transportation & DC’s. Responsibilities of the position include performing business analysis activities at the strategic, operational & organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvements of business processes within the supply chain environment. Through analyzing data, he/she will perform validation activities to assess whether “new concepts/ideas” will provide the return necessary to warrant change. In addition, by following data patterns, be able to recommend potential opportunities that will streamline the processing of merchandise, reduce buyer workload and ultimately improve company profitability. Individual will be required to manage key functions, act as a supply chain subject matter expert and work effectively within the organization
- Operate as subject matter expert for supply chain and damage control by conducting packaging audits, reviewing Store/DC feedback and performing compression testing on product samples
- Troubleshooting merchant issues associated with the breakage/flow of merchandise
- Conduct seasonal damage awareness meetings with Merchant organization
- Develop and maintain reporting to measure Mark out of Stock progress and effectiveness against established goals, i.e. Disposals by Class and Disposals by Shipment Type
- Create/maintain procedure and regulatory materials to be used by Merchants and Direct Imports
- Manage workflow of MOS Analyst & Coordinator
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and conceptual ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- System savvy, Retek experience a plus
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel/Power Point)
- Operations Management knowledge
- Highly organized with and ability to set and prioritize work amid competing demands
- Demonstrate high level of initiative and resourcefulness, be a solution seeker and make practical decisions, solutions and suggestions