The Sourcing Manager - Fleet Planning and Operations will be responsible for the overall strategy and management of the direction and administration of the fleet program for ABM Industries.
ABM's fleet is comprised of nearly 5000 service vehicles used by our employees in a wide variety of operations, including general janitorial work, technical building services, and aviation (ranging from shuttle bus operation to aircraft appearance). The Manager will be responsible for the strategic relationship with our fleet management company and will also lead efforts to build a more customer-focused fleet organization. The Manager is expected to partner closely with key stakeholders across ABM's operations groups and corporate functions to ensure that the fleet program is responsive and proactive in its support of ABM business requirements.
This Manager will be expected to incorporate best practices (in both fleet management and procurement) to develop fit for purpose, robust, and results-oriented strategies and analytics to deliver world class results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning, organizing and directing the short and long term goals and operations of the fleet team to support ABM's business. Technical knowledge, along with managerial and diverse human relations experience, interdepartmental relations, budget management, financial analysis, and knowledge of applicable State and Federal laws are additional important components. This position would be responsible for a fleet of nearly 5000 vehicles spread across North America.
* Manage strategic relationship with third party Fleet Management organization; ensure successful outsourcing transition and ensure success of the overall program.
* Influence and work with Operations Leadership to optimize fleet distribution and minimize downtime of fleet vehicles
* Ensure the successful execution of fleet operations
* Coach, mentor, and educate Operational Leadership to achieve company/job objectives and customer service levels to meet overarching company objectives
* Manage two team members: Fleet Operations Administrator and Telematics Administrator
* Manage relationships with our fleet manufacturers, which includes negotiating and developing new vehicle models and products
* Apply lean management & process improvement tools for continuous improvement initiatives.
* Benchmark best practices against similar organizations with fleet operations (logistics & distribution organizations)
* Create and establish fleet policies and procedures including vehicle assignment, replacement cycling, and accident reporting.
* Partner closely with the Safety/DOT team to drive programs which ensure compliance, streamline required reporting, and improve personnel compliance - related matters.
* Prepare monthly forecasts to determine fleet trends, movements, and needs
* Prepare vehicle life system analysis and work to optimize the total cost of ownership of the fleet
* Involved in lease versus buy analysis, including tax and accounting implications (able to provide the data needed and understand how such a comparison is accomplished)