The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co Operations Coordinator - Rochester, NY in New York, New York
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family...the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Operations Coordinator who will grow at our Operations Facility in Rochester, NY.
This position performs a variety of moderately complex clerical duties in support of the plant operations at plant level including the production, warehousing and distribution functions. Responsible for timely and accurate recordkeeping and reporting. This position will serve as the initial contact for all persons entering the plant office.
Typical work may include but is not limited to :
* Assists in the efficient running of the office by performing various clerical duties including processing of incoming mail, filing, answering phones and greeting and assisting visitors.
* Enters and confirms customer orders.
* Performs Accounts Payable functions.
* Maintains routine records and reports such as inventory records. Reviews and proofs calculations, compiles information and generates reports as requested.
* Serves as a backup for the Dispatcher and Office Manager for critical functions such as dispatching and payroll.
* Ability to calculate fractions and percentages.
* Able to operate a keyboard.
* Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
* Demonstrates a ttention to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others; listens well in a group.
* Relates to people in an open, friendly, accepting manner; shows sincere interest in others and their concerns; initiates and develops relationships with others as a key priority.
* Allocates own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and competing priorities; eliminates inefficiencies; conducts effective meetings.
* Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluates products, processes, and/or services against those standards; builds quality into each step of the process.
The perfect person will have :
* High School Diploma required, Degree preferred.
* 2-4 years experience in an office environment.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones) :
* Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with wellness incentive program.
* Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchase program.
* Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
* Generous vacation policy!
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it's like to work at Scotts MiracleGro by accessing our Talent Network: SMG Talent Network
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, TomCat, Ortho, RoundUp, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies :
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.