M & T Bank Operations Associate II - NYC CRE - 3DE8J in New York, New York
Part-Time: 25 Hour Per Week; 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Opportunity: The Associate would have various responsibilities to be performed in the Banking Services NYC Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Group.
• Responsible for early telephone contact and proper documentation with all delinquent borrowers.
• Prepare collection reminders, late charge billing, NG checks and other correspondence.
• Prepare payoff figures for external or internal satisfaction and refinances.
• Prepare the loan renewals option approval memos.
• Research and prepare reports documenting late charges and past matured loans.
• Prepare short term extensions for approval and processing.
• Assist with customer inquiries concerning escrow analysis, tax payments, abatements, mortgage payment status, including late charges, insurance coverage, etc., as needed. Assist in resolution of escrow deficits, shortage and delinquent taxes on escrow and non-escrow loans as needed.
• Assist in the completion of reimbursement requests of funds held for special escrow for repairs, etc., as needed.
• Perform other duties as required by the Department Manager.
Basic Qualifications Required:
• High School or GED required
• One year relevant work experience
• Good PC skills with knowledge of applicable MS Office products to include Word, Excel proficiency
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be reliable and flexible
• Simple - moderate problem solving skills
• Math skills necessary
• Good customer service skills and the ability to work with a team
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Associates' Degree
• Minimum two years general mortgage servicing experience
• Minimum one year general collections experience
• Proficient MS Word and Excel skills
• Knowledge of departmental software
About M&T At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
Apply today at www.mtb.com/careers !
'Relevant Military Experience is Desired'
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas. M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.