Brown Brothers Harriman Investment Management Operational Risk Senior Analyst in New York, New York
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
JOIN US AS AN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT OPERATIONAL RISK SENIOR ANALYST
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Investment Management Operational Risk Senior Analyst to join our Investment Management Risk and Governance team. In this role you will be responsible for the operational risk assessment, risk control and risk mitigation of the Investment Management (IM) Line of Business (LOB) including execution and client facing risks. You will report to the Operational Risk Manager and will work closely with IM Senior Management, Relationship Managers, Portfolio Management, Front Office Administration, as well as Firmwide Enterprise Risk Management, the Office of General Counsel, and Compliance. The primary focus will be to develop and implement risk initiatives and improve IM s operational risk framework.
SOME OF YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
RISK ANALYSIS & REPORTING
* Assist in the management of and help to facilitate IM s Risk Event program, which involves the recording and reviewing of internal/external risk events and their unintended financial and non-financial outcomes
* Perform a root cause analysis of recorded risk events and identify trends to help strengthen IM s control environment
* Provide risk reporting to IM Senior Management and recommend enhancements to metrics and risk analysis tools
* Responsible for the Risk Event Database, which is managed via Microsoft SharePoint
* Manage risk mitigation activity to help reduce IM s risk profile
* Provide risk event identification training to IM business members
* RISK & CONTROL ASSESSMENTS
* Help facilitate IM s annual Risk & Control Self-Assessment ( RCSA ), which allows the business to identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate risks and helps to prioritize risk mitigation processes.
* Engage IM Senior Management from the relevant departments and develop a view of the critical business processes that require further risk review
* Collaborative identification of the controls associated with the key risks, review control effectiveness and assist the business with the risk rating exercise
* Manage action plans and remediation efforts through Enterprise Risk Management s firm-wide RCSA database
* Provide RCSA training to members of the business and organize meetings to discuss key risks, controls and potential issues
RISK MANAGEMENT & GOVERNANCE
* Assist IM Senior Management with IM s New Account onboarding process by organizing committee materials and tracking progress of outstanding items
* Manage the IM Risk department s SharePoint site and help to prepare the monthly Risk Bulletin
* Assist in the preparation of materials for IM s Risk Committee
* Assist in the development and implementation of new IM risk initiatives such as a Technology Risk platform and exception identification and tracking
* Help to manage IM s Error & Omission tracking and work with Enterprise Risk Management on enhancing the firm s Errors & Omission database
* Work with the Enterprise Risk Management team on Firm-wide initiatives such as Data Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Regulatory risk
* Support and participate in internal audits and remediation efforts resulting from any findings
* Partner with Enterprise Risk Management on the revamping of the Firm s RCSA process
* Bachelor s degree in Finance or related discipline
* 3 to 5 years of relevant Risk/Governance experience, preferably in the financial services industry
* Understanding of risk management policies & procedures
* Ability to conduct root cause analysis and identify trends
* Experience with risk assessment methodologies
* Ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
* Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, including, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself without leaving the firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Employer's Job# 35163
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.