The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co Heavy Equipment Operator - Rochester, NY in New York, New York
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family...the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator who will grow at our Operations Facility in Rochester, New York.
The Heavy Equipment Operator will report to the Ship Foreman. This assignment will involve preparing organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader, pushes or relocates piles to ensure segregation of materials. Supplies production with a continuous supply of material. Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat, turns stockpiles, extinguishes small fires and ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use.
Typical work may include but is not limited to :
* Perform preventative maintenance and safety check before each use of the loader
* Maintains equipment
* Ability to maneuver a loader in close environment
* Pumps diesel fuel into the loader by an electrical pump and ensures all safety practices are used to prevent injury
* Able to identify raw materials
* Monitors the bins to ensure piles are stable and loadable
* Perform designed clean sweep
* Ability to follow safe practices and procedures
* Any and all other duties as assigned
The perfect person will have :
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Ability to read/write English and /or follow instructions
* Minimum two years loader operator experience
* Able to sit in a loader for many hours in a dusty hot environment
* Ability to climb into and out of equipment repeatedly
Some other nice to haves:
* Forklift experience preferred but not required
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones) :
* Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with wellness incentive program.
* Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchase program.
* Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
* Generous vacation policy!
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it's like to work at Scotts MiracleGro by accessing our Talent Network: SMG Talent Network
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, TomCat, Ortho, RoundUp, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies :
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.