West Publishing Corporation Head of Data Operations in New York, New York
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at .
Reuters Consumer is an agile digital publishing business in the heart of the world's largest news organization. Our mission is to be the premier source of news for global professionals. We combine technology and editorial innovation across and to deliver a powerful experience to over 50 million monthly users on the web, mobile and set-top-boxes.
The Head of Data Operations role is a full-time position in our New York City office. You will be responsible for owning our Global Data Management Platform (DMP) and the collection of 1st party data across desktop, mobile web and app. Most importantly, you must have the industry knowledge and experience to create premium audience targeting packages for our global sales team to take to market. You should be a champion of data-driven decision making since you'll be responsible for accurate forecasting of all audience placements for both direct and private market place deals.
The position is based out of our NYC headquarters where we have a small, flat team with fun, friendly and skilled team members.
- Collect 1st party data across desktop, mobile web and app.
- Categorize the newest data signals so they can be immediately leveraged by sales.
- Build audience segments using both 1st and 3rd party traits in order to respond to RFPs.
- Push all segments into all platforms including DFP & SSPs so both direct and programmatic can leverage them.
- Respond to all global sales audience RFP requests in a timely manner. Understand the client's needs and create the most effective targeting opportunity for every campaign.
- Research and brainstorm with sales to best understand their audience needs.
- Provide key audience insights before, during and after a campaign.
- Optimize active campaigns based on data segments that work and that do not work.
- Confirm monthly usage of 1st and 3rd party impressions with our DMP provider so we are invoiced properly.
- Collaborate with our Analytics team to ensure data insights are being shared across internal teams, including product, editorial and marketing.
- Think globally and onboard new data providers to ensure each region can maximize revenue.
- Expand our first party data offering. Be creative and help us explore new ways to collect data.
- Build a strong data offering for our global markets.
- Provide outstanding service to sales and our clients
- Be our DMP expert.
- Grow our 1st & 3rd party data offering.
- Be a subject matter expert on targeting, optimizing and developing audience insights.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual with solid experience working in Data Operations (preferably from an Online Publisher) who is looking to gain and develop commercial experience at one of the world's premium news publishers.
- Significant experience (3 years) working with a DMP (Adobe Audience Manager is a plus)
- Experience building 1st and 3rd party audience segments.
- Experience working in DFP Premium and building 3rd party audiences using DFP's Global Licenses
- Basic knowledge and experience of programmatic advertising
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Superb communication, both oral and written
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management and the ability to multitask
- Team player
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Interested in the future of news
- A sense of humor always helps
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.Locations
United States of America-New York-New York-USA-New York-3 Times Square
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.