Macquarie Event Associate (6 month contract) - Corporate Operations Group, New York in New York, New York
RECRUITER: Stewart Mitchell
Macquarie is a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity and commodities. Our global operations include offices in the world's major financial centers.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) at Macquarie brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
The core focus of the Event Associate Contractor will be to work with and assist the New York based Event Marketing team to strategically align client and internal events and conferences to that of the businesses marketing objectives and help plan and execute client and staff activities from conception through to completion.
* Assist the event managers and team with all aspects of event planning/organization and on-site staffing as needed. Events in scope include; internal conferences and events, client conferences, bank meetings, client receptions and dinners, sporting events, key sponsorships, etc.
* This role encompasses a lot of admin support such as creating onsite materials, researching suppliers, negotiating and booking venues, exploring creative opportunities and ideas for events, ordering and distribution of merchandise, collecting RSVP s and attendee registration details, tracking budget spend, debriefing events and reporting on outcomes.
* Ensure appropriate documentation of processes and policies to ensure business continuity
* Assist in managing preferred supplier relationships to maximize cost savings to the Company
* Follow Event Marketing best practice initiatives and maintain external benchmarking and industry profile
* Comply with Legal and Compliance guidelines as they relate to event matters
* Manage all projects with a one firm, cross group focus and integrate with all marketing and communication tools to ensure consistent brand messaging
* Undertake ad hoc projects, reporting and analysis as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience with an Event Management Registration system, Cvent preferred
* Minimum 2 years experience in a corporate event or administrative role, ideally in a global Financial Services or Professional Services environment, or an Event Management company
* Strong time management skills and ability to effectively multitask
* Superior oral and written communication and analytical skills
* Ability to work well on a team and independently
* Flexibility to work after hours at events and weekends where necessary
* Knowledge of New York city area venues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 28 Jul 2017 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
Employer's Job# COG-935369
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.