Google Corporate Operations Engineer, Audio Visual Systems in New York, New York
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As the Corporate Operations Engineer within the IT Support Technician team, your mission is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts that help make the Google magic happen.
In Audio Visual Engineering, our goal is to make it easy for every Googler to communicate and collaborate effectively across rooms and different offices, all over the globe. For events, our goal is to extend the AV Engineering vision of a seamless technology experience to all attendees (including live streaming and video conference viewers), press and partners as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for event staff and vendors.
You will be responsible for service management delivery and will play a key role in operating our fleet of Audio Visual installations and Video Conferencing deployments. You will be responsible to work with global stakeholders to ensure that the AV and VC fleet is operating at optimal efficiency while growing the support service capability. You will collaborate with various teams across Google as well as third-party agencies.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Design and deliver supports service for AV and VC deployments within the Service Management framework partnering with the AV tools platform development team and product groups.
- Drive vendors and hold them accountable for services provided by designing KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator).
- Act as the third tier of escalation layer for all AV and VC support issues.
- Leverage tools and services to address fleet monitoring, incident and request management and technology refreshes.
- Establish and sustain relationships with key site leads and internal partner organization specific to day-to-day operations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of experience as an AV/VC Technician, Support or Operations Engineer.
- Experience with large scale Global AV Deployments, AV Platform, IT and Networking Hardware and Software concepts.
- Experience architecting and implementing large scale or global AV projects from Deployment to Support
- Substantial experience mentoring and training team members on specific technologies, projects, or through formal course presentations.
- Expert level knowledge of technical field (AV Systems, Networking) with a strong understanding of Service Management framework
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, initiate, and implement high impact org-level process and procedure improvements.
- Strong project management skills/decision making skills with proven methodology to lead cross-functional projects with proven record of end-to-end delivery of complicated initiatives.
- Able to work with environments that have dynamic priorities, are unstructured and undocumented.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.