Bloomberg Accounting Operations Representative in New York, New York
Job Requisition Number: 58851
It’s Tuesday morning, and your phone is ringing off the hook. You answer, and it’s one of your loyal clients who is unable to log into their terminal. This client is dependent upon the Bloomberg Terminal in order for business to operate as usual. After taking a quick look, you realize that terminal access has been suspended due to non-payment for the most recent invoice. Your client is adamant that they submitted the invoice for payment two weeks ago. As a Customer Financial Service (CFS) representative, you understand the urgency of the situation: every moment that the client is unable to log in, their business suffers. You search high and low through the accounting systems to find the missing payment, but you explain it’s nowhere to be found. It is determined that payment was not properly processed by the client’s Accounts Payable department. Working with the client in order to find a solution, you ensure that service will be reinstated if payment is reprocessed by their AP team today. The client confirms, and you are now able to save the day by reinstating their Bloomberg Terminal!
Our CFS representatives must be able to think quickly on their feet while providing platinum customer service to Bloomberg’s loyal clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers by providing excellent service
- Be accountable for a sizable collections portfolio and meeting specific targeted goals related to the aging of open receivables.
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections.
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams in order to resolve outstanding issues.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- A high level of multi-tasking, trouble shooting, and complex problem solving skills while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
We'd love to see:
- 1-3 year's recent and relevant experience in accounting operations, corporate collections, and/or Accounts Receivable
- Proven ability at successfully managing a large-scale account portfolio
- Previous experience in a customer service or client facing role
- Knowledge of SAP
- Project management experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.