Federal Reserve Bank Payment Systems Officer – Production Operations - Financial Services Group in New York City, New York
The Financial Services Group is responsible for providing banking services to the US Government, banks and other financial institutions. Within this group, Fedwire Operations provides critical national services for the Fedwire® Securities, Fedwire Funds and National Settlement services under the direction of the Wholesale Product Office (WPO). In addition, it provides support to the Subcommittee on Credit Risk Management (SCRM).
The Production Operations area is responsible for the operation and administration of distributed payments systems supporting the critical, high value, high availability Fedwire businesses. In addition, this team is responsible for ensuring that the Fedwire Funds, Securities, National Settlement and Account Balance Monitoring System applications are available according to their business requirements while providing premium customer service to The Federal Reserve System districts and other application users.
- Lead a critical operations area with a staff spanning three shifts and on-site 24/7/365. Staff is responsible for providing technical, analytical, and operational support to the Wholesale Product Office and the Federal Reserve System for Fedwire Funds and Securities Services, associated applications, interfaces, and systems.
- Lead the team in their responsibilities for the execution of the production Fedwire day-to-day operations and daily tasks, monitoring to ensure availability targets are met and escalation of issues to senior management and other technology partners as appropriate.
- Collaborate across the Federal Reserve System with the two Reserve Banks designated and serving as back- up and tertiary operations sites for these services in support of a robust resiliency model for Fedwire. Ensure standard documentation across the teams. Alternate production operations in line with a schedule that enables their readiness and provide training, direction and support as needed.
- Oversee the coordination and support of implementations of all environment and application changes to the Fedwire systems.
- Ensure the development of operational and contingency procedures for existing and/or new applications and environments are current and available.
- Oversee the development of user documentation and technical test scripts associated with weekend implementations.
- Serve as lead point of contact relative to the analysis and reporting of production problems and operational issues to senior management and stakeholders. Responsible for ensuring follow-up and related risk management reporting as needed.
- Represent the business operations and technical responsibilities in Federal System level meetings, workgroups and strategic business enhancements.
In addition, oversee a smaller staff that is responsible for:
o Maintenance of a vendor Test Lifecycle and Automation management toolset o Development and maintenance of specific testing and operational automation supporting the quality assurance teams performing WPO and SCRM related testing and operations for the wholesale businesses.
- Drive increased use of automation and monitoring tools for both for Fedwire Production Operations and Federal Reserve System Wholesale Operations Sites.
- Demonstrate effective leadership by acting in a manner that demonstrates the Bank’s vision, fosters an opportunity for staff to grow and excel, and work in partnership within and across workgroups and business lines.
- Apply Human Resources policies uniformly regarding performance ratings, training and promotion of personnel, and the advancement of good employee relations.
Stay abreast of all Federal Reserve Bank policies and initiatives.
Degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or ten years or more experience in the management of critical production environments
- Knowledge of large dollar payment and securities clearance systems.
- Proven ability to understand distributed computer processes. Knowledge of Distributed Components such as operating systems, servers, database and SQL
- Seven or more years of experience in a people management role with experience in development and performance management; proven track record of managing a 24/7/365 environment
- Excellent analytical problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills, with an ability to remain poised and make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to think clearly and direct subordinates when confronted with critical production issues.
- Strong organizational and project planning skills, including the ability to participate in multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate and share production operation activity and business status with senior management and appropriate stakeholders. Ability to lead discussions and make meaningful contributions to working groups composed of senior staff and leaders from the Bank.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to increase knowledge and in being self-directed as appropriate.
- Ability to interact with various levels of staff and management and maintain effective working relationships across the organization.
Ability and willingness to work various shifts to oversee and or support a 24/7 Production Operation, as needed.
- Big Picture Orientation: Takes a Bank and/or system-wide view, leveraging insights from multiple sources to create short and long-term strategies that drive the Bank`s mission.
- One-Bank Focus: Leads and works collaboratively across Groups to achieve the best outcomes for the Bank.
- Manages and Develops Talent: Creates and implements a culture of employee development and growth, and holds managers accountable; ensures talent is appropriately deployed to maximize business results.
- Advances Diversity and Inclusion: Creates, maintains, and role models an inclusive work environment that encourages diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- Experience, Judgment and Execution: Demonstrates sound logic and insights; is widely recognized as a leading subject matter expert in their business area.
/ This position is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so. /
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Payment Systems Officer – Production Operations - Financial Services Group
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 250982