Charter Communications/Spectrum Chyron Operator in New York City, New York
JOB SUMMARYChyron Operator supports all live programming. Must be able to work excellent under pressure and have experience working in a control room to support live productions. The ideal candidate has the ability to not only create show graphics but also brainstorm fun, exciting ways to display content, creating additional design elements as necessary. You should have the ability to keep up with a fast-paced newsroom environment efficiently, and strong candidates will be able to quickly update graphics with statistical information. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-Reviews final on-air product to assure high quality and notifies producers of any potential editorial problems.
- Effectively communicating with management on a daily basis.-Assists with breaking news coverage, and last minute programming changes as necessary.
- Communicate efficiently with sports and production personnel internally and externally
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment.
- Follows directives from producers and directors during production of live and recorded sports segments and programs in the control room, studio, and remote truck situations.
- Edit content using non-linear editing systems.
- Archive footage.
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing to work different shifts or longer shifts due to \\"breaking news,\\" etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and KnowledgeAbility to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Capacity to operate studio and remote event graphics systems primarily Chryon with Lyric Pro software. Other systems include Camio, Lyric, and Luci
- Must have the ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Applications: Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including knowledge/skills with graphics systems (esp. Chyron) and a variety of software applications. Familiarity with video switchers and video servers as well as other production equipment a plus.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate solutions.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision. Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong understanding of the organization and its goals.EducationBachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience; Masters preferred.Preferred: Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film and/or equivalent work experience. Related Work ExperienceMinimum 1 year working in live production environment; 5 years working as a Graphic Operator.Working Conditions
- May be required to stoop, stand, reach and lift up to 70 pounds.
- Materials and equipment used: various studio and control room television equipment, computers and computer-related equipment.EOE Race/Sex/Vet/DisabilityCharter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfCharter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Employer's Job# 201737BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.