CB&I Shop Machine Operator in New Brunswick, New Jersey
Title: Shop Machine Operator
Location: United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
CB&I is searching for a Shop Machine Operator in the New Brunswick, NJ area. The Machine Operator will operate machinery and tools used in steel pipe production.
- Sets up and operates various shop machinery and production equipment to produce steel pipes.
- Inspects machined steel pipes.
- Must work within safety and quality standards.
- Studies blueprints, layouts, and sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operation, and setup requirements.
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as required.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under minimum supervision
- Must be able to stand to long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing/production environment
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Desired/Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma preferred
- Experience operating CNC, NC, lathes and semi-automatic machinery preferred.
- Experience verifying completed work with the tolerance limits stated in the specifications preferred.
- Experienced using calipers, micrometers, gauges, and other precision measuring instruments preferred.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Shop Machine Operator
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2017, 3:39:59 PM
Requisition ID: 1708207
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.