Rutgers University Clinical Operations Manager in New Brunswick, New Jersey
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating universitywide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Clinical Operations Manager for the New Jersey Medical School Division of Office of Clinical Affairs. The Clinical Operations Manager (COM) in the Office of Clinical Affairs is responsible for assisting in the planning and support of the faculty practice plan operations, deployment, compliance, and quality at Bergen Regional Medical Center. The COM provides programmatic support, coordination in the recruitment and onboarding of BRMC dedicated clinical faculty and works with hospital and faculty practice leadership to ensure attainment of deployment and quality measures of the clinical enterprise.
- Manages the overall clinical relationship with Bergen Regional Medical Center.
- Manages the faculty recruitment and onboarding process in collaboration with the responsible academic departments.
- Coordinates the Joint Coordination Planning Committee between BRMC and NJMS.
- Creates, manages, and reports all activities relating to the BRMC Clinical Service Agreement, as well as, all compliance related reports or reporting.
- Works with NJMS finance to ensure contractual financial obligations are met with all clinical service partners including: initial invoicing, revenue collections, deposits, and postings, as well as, other required financial reporting obligations.
- Works with the Vice President of Ambulatory Services at BRMC to ensure that operational, quality, clinical, and programmatic goals are met.
- Represents NJMS on various BRMC or NJMS committees.
- Partners with Director of Operations to assist with the continued optimization of the faculty practice’s Electronic Health Record.
- Works with BRMC and Faculty Practice managers to ensure that effective and efficient practice operations at the BRMC practice are met.
- With the involvement of other clinical partners and the Director of Operations helps to develop policies for best practices for the faculty practice.
- Works with the necessary employment agencies to ensure that appropriate clinical support staff are hired and retained, as well as, representing NJMS on joint hiring committees.
- Coordinate the monthly revenue cycle review and reporting with BRMC and support departments in enhancing the revenue cycle.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Clinical Discipline, Health care Administration, Business or in a related field.
- Plus one (1) year experience in an academic clinical practice or complex health care environment.
- Equivalent education, experience, and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding work assignments.
Recruitment/Posting Title: Clinical Operations Manager
Job Category: Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support - Management
Department: NJMS - Office of Managed Care
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 90067.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 113935.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 137802.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Non-Union
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree.
Special Conditions: Ability to work additional hours periodically for certain assignments is required.
Posting Number: 17ST2817
Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)