Stanley Black and Decker Machine Operator in New Britain, Connecticut
WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world.
Click on the link to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world! https://youtu.be/eCAyHO3TWPM
WHY WORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality.
The New Britain Tools Plant also offers employees a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Life Insurance
- TWO Pension plans
- 11 Paid holidays
- Flexible Training opportunities and more!
Responsibilities may include:
- Operate machine/equipment in our Major Equipment department (Ex: Heat Treat, Coating, Printing, Laminating, etc.).
- Prepare and start machines/equipment following standard procedures.
- Hand feed strips through a series of rollers.guides; start end of strips on coil winders.
- Periodically check equipment to ensure proper operation and inspect and record steel for color, camber, hardness, brittleness and stretch in order to maintain quality;
- Make necessary adjustments to and troubleshoot machine/equipment as required.
- Must have prior experience operating machines.
- Must have prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to work from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. on a rotating shift.
To apply: Please apply through this posting OR by visiting 600 Myrtle St., New Britain, CT 06053 to fill out an application today!
Requisition Number: 46638BR
Title: Machine Operator
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Connecticut
City: New Britain
No. of Positions: 2
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law