WS Packaging Group, Inc. Press Operator Assistant in Neenah, Wisconsin
*WS Packaging is now seeking for multiple shifst Press Helper. *
The Press Assistant main responsibility will be to assist the press operators. This self-motivated employee would bring components needed for the job to the press. They will assist in the set up and take down of all production jobs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reads and understands job jacket.
- Uses information on work instructions to ensure that all equipment needed is on set up cart.
- Mount plates are required.
- Perform machine wash up with the use of wash up cart following standard work procedures.
- Performs machine make-ready to run proper production including removing and loading print cylinders, material, lamination, die, score, etc. following standard work.
- Assist operators with setting up any auxiliary equipment.
- Empties trash and rag containers as they become full.
- Cuts cores using core cutting equipment.
- Makes sure all equipment is returned to preproduction area.
- Requests stock from inventory clerk.
- Remove finished rolls as needed. Prepares stock for RTS.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in other areas as needed or assigned. Insure that press is maintained in safe working order at all times by making sure all guards and safety devices are in good condition and are properly used. Report all unsafe conditions to shift supervisor either verbally or in writing.
- Keep work area maintained to AIB standards and comply with GMP expectations. Follow 6S requirements.
- Work effectively with prepress department and co-workers as it pertains to achieving customer satisfaction, cost control and timely performance of duties. Look for and have input for implementing suggestions for producing work more efficiently.
- Required to work 12 hour shifts; required to work weekends as scheduled on a regular or as-needed basis.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requisition Number: 17-0124
Title: Press Operator Assistant
Post Date: 8/7/2017
Shift: Multiple Shifts