Willis Workplace Technology Operations Delivery Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
Job Title: Workplace Technology Operations Delivery Manager Location: Flexible (Anywhere in US)
The Company Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
The Business Corporate IT Vision: Global IT Infrastructure services, simple and sufficient, delivered consistently, efficiently and cost effectively in support of the Willis Towers Watson global business objectives.
As part of the IT function, IT Infrastructure and Operations is transforming. We are a global corporate function which supports the WTW global business objectives. Our aim is to combine, develop and strengthen IT Infrastructure and operations to deliver efficient IT services, operating efficiently and continually improving; we ensure that all our assets are secure and meet regulatory requirements. IT Infrastructure and Operations support the portfolio of strategic programmes including the IT integration and OIP synergy programmes. Our success lies in the quality of our Colleagues to deliver on our customers ever increasing demands.
The Role Working with the Workplace Technology Services Leadership and assigned IT Project Management Office,the primary role of the Workplace TechnologyOperations Delivery Manager is to respond to specific business requirements to deliver services and changes both through BAU and project activities. Such activities may include the delivery of service enhancements, deployment of new Workplace Technology standards, responding Real Estate changes and any items agreed by the Workplace Technology Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Assist in the delivery of agreed service changes, enhancements and new Workplace Technology standards
- Drive and/or assist with PMO activities and ensure an orderly transition of change into Workplace Technology Services standard operations and support
- Develop detailed plans for any proposed service or support changes to be reviewed by WTS Leadership and communicated throughout WTS colleagues
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with regional vendors and/or service partners to ensure constant alignment of service levels to WTW service standards
- Hold routine meetings with other Operations Delivery managers (within region and across regions) to ensure regional operations are globally aligned
- Drive and maintain metrics on service performance for region. Hold regular meetings with Global Service Owner to review service performance, make recommendations, and advise on upcoming changes that may impact standard services or service levels
- Develop and maintain office-level views of service and support performance to drive continuous improvement process and ensure adherence to product, service, and support standards
- Escalate regional service and support risks to WTS Leadership, as appropriate
The position may require up to 30% travel, occasional night and/or weekend work and manual handling of office equipment Qualifications and Experience
7+ years of progressive IT work experience including 3+ years in a IT operations delivery role
- Strong business orientation and ability to maintain a variety of positive business relationships at all levels of the WTW organization
- College Degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred
- Experience working in a directly with user/customer base, with ability to have a positive impact on activities from a distance
- Experience working in a Global team-oriented collaborative workplace
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present ideas in non-technical language
- Strong personal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-Motivated with an ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in an agile and dynamic manner
- Working knowledge of ITIL practices
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Know your rights.
Job Title: Workplace Technology Operations Delivery Manager
Job Function: Information Technology
Date Posted: 7/17/2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Job Number: JO-1707-21490