GlaxoSmithKline Operations Supervisor in Nashville, Tennessee
Open date:Jul 28, 2017 7:45 PM
Experience required:4 years
Email a friend
Basic qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 4 years total experience in Operations, at least one year of people management experience.
• cGMP management systems, documentation, production, maintenance, and safety standards.
• Financial budgeting from an operations perspective.
• Handle operations R&M budgeting, forecasting and aligning cost structure to meet plan.
• Track record of using lean principles to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow for maximum efficiency and flow
• Working knowledge of high speed manufacturing and packaging equipment
• Experience trouble shooting equipment to ensure optimum product quality and safety is achieved
• Performance management, recruitment, retention strategies and people development
• Ability to work flexible schedule, including all shifts, and/or weekends is required
• Leadership with strong ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
• Evaluate product quality and implementing strategies to ensure compliance with established standards, and timely completion of compliance documentation.
• Conduct and participate in regulatory audits, conducting investigations, creating business solutions to ensure effective management of compliance initiatives
• Build team capability by effectively monitoring and providing performance feedback to direct reports.
Preferred qualifications:• Experience in cGMP and/or pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
Details:The primary purpose of the Operations Supervisor is to coach, mentor and develop your team while driving performance as it relates to site priorities of Safety, Quality, Cost and Supply. Additionally, this role will plan, direct, and continually improve lean manufacturing activities that are self sustaining. Operations Supervisor will establish standardized guidelines and principles intended to improve safety, quality, and productivity to lower costs and mitigate waste in the plant by utilizing the GPS (GSK Production System).
• Oversee daily activities of Packaging and Manufacturing Operations, using analytical and technical knowledge to make business decisions.
• Act as a safety and quality champion within the operational unit –performing multiple Safety and Quality Process Confirmations each shift.
• Drive performance utilizing The GPS (GSK’s Production System) –including Performance Management and Problem Solving standards.
• Coach and develop your team utilizing FLL (First Line Leader program) –including Leader Standard Work and Gemba with Purpose.
• Foster a positive work culture while holding team accountable for actions
• Deliver shift handovers and team communications.
• Use lean principles to analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow for maximum efficiency and flow.
• Monitor production equipment utilization and recommend improvement measures –e.g. OEE improvements, downtime reduction, etc..
• Manage OPEX budget, drive performance in R&M forecasting, labor and OT, production costs, and departmental financials according to plan.
• Manage recruitment for employees and contingent workers. Support/train/mentor/coach team members and ensure all applicable standards are met.
• Lead investigations –including Rapid Response and 6 Step Root Cause Analysis.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.