Belk, Inc. Store HR Operations Manager, Coastal Grand Mall in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Store HR Operations Manager, Coastal Grand Mall
Myrtle Beach, SC, United States
Job Id#: 15947
Date published: 19-Jun-2017
Back to Job List
The Human Resources/Operations Manager reports to Store Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the Division direction within their store.
Sales & Profit
• Meeting or exceeding store sales and profit plans through the training, coaching & managing of their sales staff.
• Provide training & communication of meeting or exceeding Customer First goals to sales staff.
• Communication with Store Manager and Division HR regarding issues and needs.
• Ensure shrinkage control and Loss Prevention in store through the continual management of associates.
• Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures, and ownership of new system implementations and processes.
Expense Planning & Management
• Adhering to annual expense budgets for store to achieve profit goals.
• Monitoring store payroll and non-payroll expenses to achieve annual expense % goals.
• Taking timely corrective action on expense budget variances.
• Scheduling staffing in all departments to meet customer service expectations.
• Administering current pay plan as it was designed.
• Managing receipt flow of merchandise to floor in accordance with floor ready program.
• Maintaining a safe shopping and working environment.
• Monitoring and controlling cash overages/shortages.
• Conducting timely reviews and communicating development needs with subordinate. Set goals and identify areas for improvement.
• Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and retaining quality associates and ensures all positions are filled in a timely manner.
• Maintaining high store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within the store.
• Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all associates.
• Developing and promoting a diverse group of associates.
• Communicating with associates on possible career paths and advancement opportunities.
• Ensuring all associates receive and complete all necessary paperwork.
Education & Experience:
• Four-year college degree.
• Experience in retail management.
• Proficient in computer business-related computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc).
• Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
• Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List