Progress Rail Services Corp. CNC Operator in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 2115BR
Posting Title: CNC Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of a Production Supervisor. The CNC Operator will machine components in accordance with specifications, company guidelines and checklists.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies;
• Operates CNC machines, manual tooling and grinders as needed to produce locomotive and transit assemblies;
• Use precision gauges and instruments such as micrometers to determine and follow customers’ specifications;
• Program CNC equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, conditional switches; and calculating requirements;
• Maintain specifications by observing, drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes;
• Operates overhead cranes and forklifts;
• Perform other duties as requested or required by Supervisor.
Education / Training
• Higschool diploma or equivalent required;
• 3-5 years of experience operating heavy/manual machinery.
Qualifications and Experience
• Mechanical aptitude;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Work from blueprints and technical drawings;
• Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools;
• Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt, railroad tracks);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 85 lbs;
• Commensurate upon experience.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities