Bio-Rad Labs Controller (f/m) Global Commercial Operations CE in Muenchen, Germany
The Controller is the Commercial Finance Leader for the country. Ensures overall finance, accounting, and business compliance oversight of local operation and effective collaboration with Finance Shared Service Center. The position is responsible for all local judgment/accrual based accounting, accounting and tax compliance of the entity in front of local regulatory bodies and local group reporting. Responsible for all Commercial Finance and FP&A; activities (local and in interaction with region FP&A;).
Motivate the finance team to deliver timely and high quality work
Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Ensure an effective finance team structure to meet business requirements.
Provide day-to-day management of the finance team including the training and development of team members.
Hold regular one to one reviews with staff and team meetings.
Responsible for statutory financial and tax reporting filings of the entity in accordance with
Local regulation and local corporate reporting.
Provides financial support and guidance to local management team. Participates in local management meetings and business decisions
Provides management reporting to local team with variance analysis and recommendations.
Ensures local compliance with internal and external financial regulations (SOX, FCPA, Sunshine Act, etc.). Takes charge of remediation projects of internal control deficiencies as required by internal and external audit
Is the local point of contact for government bodies, banks, stat auditors, tax authorities
Quarterly Variance Review owner (P&L;)
First line of financial review for contracts, business deals, changes to customer agreements
Partners with region FP&A; team with the support of Financial Analyst to provide accurate, relevant and timely analysis of local business drivers to required budgeting, reporting and forecasting processes.
Contributes as a local management team member to local business projects.
Supervises financial supervisor and financial accountant.
Ensures finance support to local management team (Sales, marketing, service, other support functions).
Provides financial advice to business deals and contracts, business terms (credit limits,..)
Gatekeeper of business compliance
- Strong statutory financial and tax accounting background
- Proficiency in US GAAP accounting
- Business partnering with sales and marketing management background
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive manager of matrix issues. Takes ownership and initiatives, partners with other functions for problem solving.
- Team player, can do attitude, hands on approach
- Strong systems and process management skills.
- Ability to see bigger picture but also has an attention to detail.
- Team manager and people developer.
- Experience in implementing changes through all levels of an organization.
- Experience in set up and management of cross country Shared Service center an advantage
- Microsoft Office – including excellent Excel skills.
- ERP / SAP experience/knowledge an advantage
- Fluent German and English language skills Required Experience
MBA level with major in accounting / business finance. Qualified accountant preferred 6+ years including leading an accounting department in multinational environment.
Tracking Code: 10091-446
Job Location: Muenchen, , Germany
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: (FIN)GCO Finance