Google Supply Chain Procurement Operations Manager in Mountain View, California
The Finance Operations team manages Google's cash transactions on a global basis and ensures that Google's incoming and outgoing cash processes are controlled, effective and efficient. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of transactions. You thrive on making processes more efficient and scalable, you work to ensure the highest level of quality of our operations and you proactively minimize operational risk. Externally, you collaborate with our outsourcing partners and internally, you collaborate across the five areas of the Financial Operations team: Global Revenue Operations, Procure to Pay, Electronic Payment Services, Business Process Outsourcing, and Payroll.
You will be responsible for managing Google’s global procurement operation, including all policies, processes, and systems. In this centralized role, you partner closely with business areas such as Fiber, Consumer Hardware, Technical Infrastructure, and Network Infrastructure. You deliver the highest quality procurement operation to fulfill their supply chain needs.
You work cross-functionally with planning, commodity management, and logistics teams to ensure operational excellence across all procurement activities, including master data management, purchase order creation, promise date management, and on-time delivery adherence. You execute with the support of our outsourced service provider, which you manage to optimal performance. Your role is critical to ensure materials readiness for Google’s infrastructure and consumer hardware products.
You are committed to continuous improvement, and constantly strive for more controlled, efficient, and cost effective operations. You have experience optimizing planning, procurement, and/or supplier collaboration systems. You are responsible for standardizing across your multiple business partners and scaling for Google’s supply chain growth. You leverage your experience and expertise to drive productivity improvements in your operation and to influence partners to improve the end-to-end supply chain.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage Google’s global supply chain procurement operations for business areas such as Fiber, Consumer Hardware, Technical Infrastructure, and Network Infrastructure
- Design and implement procurement processes and systems for efficiency, scale, flexibility, and risk management
- Manage outsourced service provider in onshore and offshore centers, ensuring optimal service levels across cost, productivity, and quality metrics
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify and implement end-to-end supply chain process improvements
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, Operations, or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- 3 years of supply chain management experience in a high tech environment
- Experience working with outsourced service providers and effectively managing performance objectives
- Expertise in implementing operational improvements through automation and process redesign
- Demonstrated ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across a complex organization
- Deep analytical skills and detail oriented, ability to be agile and willingness to roll up sleeves, commitment to continuous improvement, motivated ‘can-do’ attitude, and results-oriented
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.