Google Strategy and Operations Product Lead, Google Marketing Solutions in Mountain View, California
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
The Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) Revenue Programs team is leading strategy and operations for global revenue programs, servicing millions of Small- and Medium-sized Business customers at scale. We drive program design and strategy evolution and shape the future direction of our business through cross-functional collaboration with our business partners in Sales, Marketing, and Acquisition and via thorough analytical investigations.
The Critical Systems team is responsible for making our sellers more efficient and effective by creating internal systems and tools that match the right advertiser with the right seller and helping the seller identify and implement strategies that help our advertisers achieve their marketing goals. In this role, you will lead the design and implementation of systems and products that maximize the program's impact and optimizes operations. These systems will use advanced data analysis methods and business logic to identify business growth opportunities, improve our interactions with AdWords advertisers and optimize internal workflows and processes. You will combine strategic and business thinking, analytical and technical knowledge, to generate insights, turn them into system design and see them through implementation. You will work to ensure the smooth execution, analysis, and optimization of global revenue programs. Additionally, you will have exposure and visibility to senior executives and cross-functional leaders as you advocate for the opportunities and highlight the impact generated by your solutions.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for every type of businesses.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to maximize programs that will impact and optimize their operations.
- Document business requirements and create systems designs.
- Lead systems implementation by collaborating closely with team members and engineering partners.
- Track systems performance and perform analysis to understand performance drivers and make any required changes.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, economics, finance, etc) or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of product management, management consulting, software engineering, or project management experience in technology.
- Experience in manipulating large data sets using SQL and/or Python.
- Demonstrated passion for data analysis and modeling.
- Enthusiastic problem solver, with a demonstrated record of thought leadership in applying data driven analysis that has a tangible impact on business operations.
- Demonstrated record of execution, multi-tasking and leading complex and ambiguous strategic and operational initiatives. Ability to drive decisions, lead meetings/strategy discussions, define priorities, and decide course of action (and adjust when it needs adjusting).
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.