Google Strategy and Operations Lead, Global Product Partnerships in Mountain View, California
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Google’s Global Product Partnerships organization works with a wide range of external partners to help build Google products and innovate through product-enabling relationships (e.g. data licensing, content partnerships, API/platform integrations, and technology licensing). Some of the areas GPP enables include: Search, Maps, Local, Play Books/Newsstand, Research & Machine Intelligence, Developer Products, Social Impact and Google Assistant.
GPP Strat-Ops plays a critical role in driving strategic, operational, and organizational goals for the Global Product Partnerships organization. We are the “COOs” of the business and provide strategy and execution support to enhance and scale GPP’s core capabilities. We work closely with GPP leadership on critical topics and key escalations across product areas and help our BD colleagues identify, plan for, and execute against their highest priorities.
As a member of the GPP Strat-Ops team, you are passionate about products and product-enabling relationships. You thrive in a fast paced, high intensity/high impact, and rapidly evolving environment. You enjoy immersing yourself in data but are capable of stepping back and seeing the big picture. You are a highly organized and structured thinker and love crafting simple, high impact narratives and stories. You are able to operate effectively in highly ambiguous settings and want to be part of an early stage team that is building a long-term product partnerships focused strategy and operations practice.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, DoubleClick Platform Solutions and the Ad Exchange, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
- Work on some of Google’s highest priority product areas and champion GPP while also challenging the organization to grow
- Develop insightful, holistic recommendations that address complex problems
- Create clear, simple, and persuasive internal and external communications to influence senior-level-executives
- Drive operational rigor to support execution of the highest priority product-enabling partnership goals across the global organization
- Support execution efforts including product or feature launches and enhancements and build consensus across product area aligned and region focused and cross-functional teams
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of management consulting, investment banking, corp strategy, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience at a management consulting firm, corporate strategy team, or investment bank.
- Strong operations background and experience in a large / global organization
- Experience in technology and emerging / early stage products
- Product marketing, PR, or communications focused role related experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and quantitative modeling skills.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.