Google Strategy and Operations Excellence Analyst, Google Marketing Solutions in Mountain View, California
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
The Acquisitions Strategy and Operations team (Global Sales Excellence) drives the strategy and operations for the acquisition of advertisers for Google by partnering with New Business Sales (NBS), External Telesales (ETO), App Developer Sales (AppDev) and Marketing Organizations. The team leads the design, planning, and operations of programs that drive a scalable and analytical approach to generating incremental business growth.
Strategy and Operations Analysts use an analytical and data-driven approach to develop a deep understanding of our fast changing business, provide insights that will translate directly to business growth, and improve Google’s business development productivity. You will find answers to complex, ambiguous, and high-visibility business challenges. You will also provide analytical expertise and business understanding to the Acquisitions leadership teams, and partner with cross-functional teams to deliver acquisition performance insights, while working closely with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure smooth execution and implementation of the resulting strategic recommendations.
Additionally, you will have exposure and visibility to executives and cross-functional leaders as you advocate for opportunities and highlight the impacts of your programs.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for every type of businesses.
- Conduct analysis and modeling that translates data into actionable insights, and support business development.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to predict, measure, and interpret business trends and to inform key decisions.
- Identify opportunities for product, program, and process improvement, with a focus on driving business growth.
- Communicate findings on a regular basis to all levels of management.
- Research and analyze key business drivers, trends, and operating metrics.
- BA/BS degree with quantitative focus (economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics or accounting) or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of analytical work experience in marketing and sales, management consulting, or in a business operations and analytics environment.
- MBA, MS or other advanced degree.
- Experience presenting to executives and analyzing large quantities of data with strong spreadsheet and database query experience (e.g., SQL).
- Track record of thought leadership in applying data-driven models that have had a tangible impact on sales and marketing operations across international markets.
- Ability to strategically analyze and synthesize data in order to develop useful formats and actionable insights.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to work to tight deadlines. Extremely well-organized and capable of handling multiple projects and ad-hoc requests simultaneously.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.