Veritas Senior IT Business Operations Analyst in Mountain View, California
The IT Strategy & Planning team at Veritas Technologies is a shared service organization under the CIO responsible for defining the IT Strategy and Priorities, setting the Annual Plan, and providing operational support and governance services to the IT Service Groups.
We are looking for an IT Business Operations Lead to manage and coordinate all business administrative and operational functions within the individual IT Service Delivery teams. An ideal candidate will have experience in both IT and Finance, strong analytical and data management skills, and is comfortable working in both independent and collaborative situations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of department financials for both sustaining operations and strategic initiatives
- Support the project/program prioritization process and maintain an up-to-date investment portfolio
- Develop, maintain and modify as necessary, future staffing plans, depending on strategy and objectives
- Support the operations, activities and recommendations for strategic programs
- Develop and coordinate materials, and facilitate regular operational reviews with IT executive leadership
- Own all templates for staffing, budgeting and costing for the IT Services Teams supported
- Maintain and publish supporting documentation for quarterly operating metrics, service reviews, management reporting packages and annual planning cycles
- Lead business case creation and analysis to determine projected program/project ROI
- Lead efforts to improve, automate and achieve synergies with current processes
- Work and coordinate cross-functionally with both operational and support groups to facilitate issue resolution
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and participate in special projects where required
- Make final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure successful implementation of all program objectives
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- 5+ years of related experience in IT and Finance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build strong business relationships cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and process oriented
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
- Ability to own and execute complex project management initiatives
- Requires cross-functional communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to learn on the fly in a fast-paced environment
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably Finance or equivalent
Value Proposition of joining Veritas:
- Augment the support model of our Business Operations team to improve planning accuracy and accelerate the optimization of IT spend.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .