Veritas Senior Cloud Operations Engineer in Mountain View, California
43559 Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
- Track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale.
- Possess troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure prone ones.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
- Insure all servers have required security compliance for patch management, anti-virus, and other threat protection
- Optimize the performance of our systems through team collaboration of hardware and software configurations.
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions
- Works closely with other operations staff, engineering and client services to insure EV.Cloud services are available 24 x 7.
- Understand how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale.
- Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation.
- Dive deep to resolve complex problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
- Act as a technical point of escalation & mentor for junior staff.
- Experience with enterprise IaaS/SaaS environment with experience supporting Windows operating systems, MS-SQL server environments, and Exchange email environments
- MCSE and/or VCP preferred
- Needs Azure or Amazon Web Service/Cloud experience
- Experience with writing Puppet or Chef code
- CI/CD pipeline knowledge is a plus
- Hands-on experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant security solutions.
- Hands-on experience in Windows scripting, PowerShell, GPO, Unix/Linux, SMTP, and VMware
- Experience in implementing, managing, refining disaster recovery solutions is a definitive plus
- Significant knowledge of monitoring/alerting systems such as Solarwinds, SCOM or like systems
- Experience with Load Balancers, Firewalls, TCP/IP networking architecture and core technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, etc.)
- Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
- Operational knowledge of common enterprise switching and routing platforms.
Bachelors Degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required RELATED EXPERIENCE DESIRED4-6 years in IT application support positions with high-level problem solving experience. Technical knowledge with most operating systems or network/telecom systems or databases and utilities. Familiar with most basic system administration tools and processes. Ability to write scripts. Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration, network/telecom systems or databases administration. Ability to do minimal debugging and modification.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .