Google Sales Operations Analyst, Consumer Hardware (Pixel) in Mountain View, California
The Hardware Sales Operations team is responsible for the business planning and sales forecasting process throughout a hardware product’s lifecycle, from conception to end-of-life. We work with a variety of stakeholders from sales to supply chain to marketing, to launch new products with our third-party partners as well as with the Google Store.
We are responsible for managing all partnerships with Carriers & Retailers & OEMs worldwide. The Hardware Sales Operations team specifically leads the organization through the business planning, sales forecasting process throughout a hardware product’s lifecycle from conception to end of life. You would be required to work with a variety of stakeholders across Google from Sales to Supply Chain to Marketing to launch new products and technologies with our 3rd party partners & Google store for Pixel phones category of products.
The focus of your role would be the sales forecasting, product availability plan and the ongoing management to that plan via allocation/ongoing planning. You would be the on point for the development, communication, and execution of product demand and supply plans across one more regions. Operational excellence will be crucial as Google looks to be a success in consumer hardware.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Pixel, Daydream View, Google Wifi, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
- Be comfortable reading and interpreting market data to collaborate with Product planning on market sizing across new & existing markets/products and build forecasting models for Pixel products for strategic long term and operational planning.
- Analyze demand forecasts from other cross functional stakeholders & work with our partners to help manage inventory, supply & orders across indirect and direct channels. You would be responsible for developing & managing daily, weekly and quarterly supply plans to limit finished good + raw material liability, and also maintaining sales forecasting accuracy which is a key OKR for the business.
- Assess regionally specific risks and contingencies per product and work with global counterparts to mitigate risks and work with Go To Market team and S&O; functions to advise on annual or quarterly sales targets and revisions. Drive key stakeholder interactions with MTV and within region e.g. Partnerships, Demand and Supply Planning, Go to Market/S&O; teams. Additionally, analyze partner ordering bookings, billings, performance against plan and drive solutions with cross functional stakeholders.
- Coordinate across Sales & Operations functions to produce weekly updates for the Demand/Supply Planning Management team driving towards towards Product targets & performance goals.
- Improve and implement allocation/planning/fulfillment processes to improve Google’s end to end supply chain and collaborate with Sales to plan and execute channel marketing activities with partners to drive sales performance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including Product demand/supply planning, production and inventory management.
- BA/BS in Applied Mathematics or Statistics.
- Strategic planning, sales support and market research experience.
- Strong knowledge of the consumer electronics market.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain practices.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.