Google Legal Operations Associate, Discovery Operations in Mountain View, California
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
As a Discovery Legal Operations Associate, your role will focus on completing data collection and processing procedures, work independently and as a team to provide support for internal/external teams on administrative matters (iii) provide after hours support to the Legal Review Team when necessary.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Process operational matters of low risk and complexity for both internal clients and external parties.
- Organize information and documents using internal systems.
- Act with integrity and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Ensure the accuracy of highly detailed information (e.g. communications, documents or electronic files, etc).
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with litigation support within a law firm or a litigation support vendor.
- Experience with Google Suite Products.
- Previous experience with eDiscovery tools (LAW, Concordance, Summation, Recommind, Nuix), relativity or other litigation document management system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under challenging conditions and to work as a team player.
- Technically minded - all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data and Knowledge of document review management applications, data manipulation, data conversion, and data analytics.
- Litigation Support Experience and Experience with Linux OS.
- Excellent problem solving ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent work under strict deadlines in a legal environment, and the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.