Google Legal Online Operations Web Developer in Mountain View, California
This role may also be located in our Sunnyvale, CA campus.
Our Legal team needs more than attorneys to keep things moving. Our Legal Operations team is charged with improving and maintaining the Legal team's internal processes, systems and tools. Responsible for tracking objectives, coordinating financial planning and solving technology challenges, you are entrepreneurial, proactive and highly organized. You keep costs down, engage third-party vendors and make the Legal team's services better, faster and more efficient.
The Legal Tech Specialist team builds technical solutions that deliver automation and efficiency. They are responsible for creating and maintaining tools used in resolving matters related to legal rulings and optimizing workflows between web applications and case management systems.
The Tech Specialist team is looking for someone who will be a strong mentor and partner in planning and prioritizing technical resources for upcoming projects. You will connect with and inspire web developers on how to decrease technical debt and migrate existing and future tools to a single framework. You will partner with project managers, data analysts, operations teams and internal engineers to optimize workflow efficiency.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Build new internal tools, back-end backend services and web applications for the Legal Online Operations org
- Write and review technical design documents, development and collaborative code reviews with an eye for best practices and scalability
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers from other departments/ product areas to enhance Legal tooling applications and infrastructure
- Analyze, review, and modify existing applications and infrastructure to increase efficiency or improve overall testing, monitoring, etc.
- Provide guidance to the team for small to large size projects of high complexity and impact; in that role, relay best practices on software design, development, and maintenance
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- Able to design and implement maintain highly complex systems and subsystems
- Strong technical and project-management skills; cross-functional relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.