Veritas IT Business Operations Analyst in Mountain View, California
The IT Strategy & Planning team at Veritas Technologies is a shared service organization under the CIO responsible for defining the IT Strategy and Priorities, setting the Annual Plan, and providing operational support and governance services to the IT Service Groups.
We are looking for an IT Business Operations Analyst to drive coordination of standard activities, reporting and processes in support of the IT Business Operations service. This person will be the central expert supporting our IT Business Ops Leads and will be tasked with ensuring continuity across the groups. This role will also be a key business partner to the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, a critical responsibility. An ideal candidate will have experience in both IT and Finance, strong analytical and data management skills, and is comfortable working in both independent and collaborative situations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage IT Planning tools and processes supporting: Budget, Forecast and Actual
- Engage with FP&A and Procurement business partners to ensure alignment on commitments, issue resolution and key dates
- Support FP&A in the monthly close process to ensure purchase order receiving is accurate and accruals/reversals have been recorded
- Manage monthly Statement Review of actual spend
- Facilitate monthly Resource Time Tracking and Forecasting processes
- Support business case creation and analysis to determine projected program/project ROI
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- Maintain and publish supporting documentation for management reporting packages and annual planning cycles
- Lead efforts to improve, automate and achieve synergies with current processes
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and participate in special projects where required
- 5+ years of related experience in IT and Finance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and process oriented
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
- Ability to learn on the fly in a fast-paced environment
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably Finance or equivalent
Value Proposition of joining Veritas:
- Augment the analytical capabilities of our Business Operations team to improve planning accuracy and accelerate the optimization of IT spend.
- Provide ‘back-office’ support to the business-facing Operations Leads to improve their time allocation, and allow them to focus on other priorities (e.g. project financial control)
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .