Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Services Business Operations Lead Product Manager– Lead to Order (L2O) in Mountain View, California
Microsoft Enterprise Services is empowering our customers and partners to realize their full potential in a mobile-first, cloud-first world through digital transformation. And, we are empowering Enterprise Services, globally, with world-class, high-quality operations. Enterprise Services Operation’s charter is to build a people and process capability that enables our sales and delivery teams to execute with confidence and achieve more for our customers. Our priorities are to deliver valuable services and insights, identify and solve for simplification opportunities, and plan and deliver new operational motions that accelerate our digital transformation.
Enterprise Services Business Operations Lead Product Manager– Lead to Order (L2O)
You will partner with the business to identify, plan, design, and deploy new operational services and experiences that support and enable Enterprise Services Sales roles. You will lead a team of product managers and release managers, partner with peer Enterprise Services HQ teams, and closely collaborate with Sales and Delivery stakeholders in the Enterprise Services Field organizations. You will work closely with peer Leads to continuously improve and scale the way we engineer and maintain our services. This role is critical to our business success as we are in a period of rapid growth and need a leader who can understand today’s operational capabilities, iterating our motions to accommodate new business requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
Represent the full portfolio of operational (ops) services – partnering other organizations including Service Center, HQ operations, Regional Operating Centers (ROC), Solution Domain Operations, field operations, etc. to include indirect accountabilities along with wholly owned portfolio.
Design experiences that improve our sales and service-delivery experience - ensure experience across multiple service lines is seamless and simple to understand.
Leverage and mature ops engineering playbooks and engagement motions to design and land new business requirements into the delivery engine.
Ensure new services launch and align with technology investments and deployment plans.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following:
• Striking a good balance between having a vision for ES Operations and knowing the details of individual services
• Providing business requirements to key partner groups including product management, IT, business intelligence, and other key partners, tracking to closure
• Identifying valuable business impact metrics, ensuring value of services is measured from launch forward
• Building effective communication themes and landing vehicles to drive global adoption of services.
• Developed strong partners across Microsoft, aligning goals & driving focused direct and indirect results with large impact
Success in this role will require a high degree of collaboration and strategic leadership across Services HQ, sales and delivery leaders, Services Business Operations, ES Ops leadership team, Finance, IT, Regional Operations Centers and other key business partners. The successful candidate will have:
• End to end (sales through delivery) business knowledge on both Consulting and Unified Support businesses
• Microsoft Services Sales experience preferred; strong understanding of the sales process/cycle
• Executive presence with strong business and people leadership capabilities
• Experience running operations for a consulting business
• High level of organization, planning, prioritization and attention to detail
• Ability to work and create structure in complex and ambiguous situations and respond flexibly in time sensitive situations
• Track record of delivering measurable improvements in operations (improved value/efficiency, increasing quality and/or reduced costs)
• Conflict / Negotiation management – demonstrated influencing skills
• Strong written/oral communication skills along with desire and ability to communicate with business leaders through all levels and functions within the organization.
• High energy and a “can do” attitude. Ability to motivate self and others
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
• 7+ years of relevant business experience in program management
Location/Travel: This position may be located anywhere in the United States, with global travel expected to be 10 – 20%.
Who we are
In Microsoft Services Business Operations (SBO), our goal is to power Worldwide Services through a common operating model that simplifies and improves customer and employee experiences. Our team drives a broad range of shared services functions that include Operations, Services Insights, Role Excellence, and Business Solutions & Tools for both the Enterprise Services and Customer Services and Support businesses.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success, with over 22,000 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
wwdss Business programs & operations