Google Associate, Business Operations and Strategy in Mountain View, California
Google's leadership team hand-picks thorny business challenges, and members of BizOps work in small teams to find solutions. As part of this team you fully immerse yourself in data collection, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. Taking strategy one step further, you also persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior-level executives, roll-up your sleeves to help drive implementation and check back-in to see the impact of your recommendations.
As an Associate in Business Operations and Strategy, you are the ultimate data expert and thrive on solving highly analytical problems, conducting interviews and synthesizing ideas. You will work with a small team on projects commissioned by Google's executive team, managing your own workstream(s) as you go.
The Business Operations and Strategy team at Google plays a critical role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company. Also known as "BizOps", the group operates like an internal consulting group working on a range of critical projects and issues. BizOps creates strategies for promoting growth of our products like YouTube, Chrome and Mobile. They handle issues around partner development, strategy work in emerging markets such as Africa and India, as well as pricing strategies across our B2B and consumer products. The BizOps team is at the forefront of Google's fast-moving strategic priorities, tackling operational challenges and enabling innovation.
- Structure complex, ambiguous and potentially charged business issues for Google's executive team.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously.
- Develop compelling, insightful recommendations.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within leadership audiences.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in management consulting or investment banking.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience at a management consulting firm, corporate strategy organization or technology-focused investment bank.
- Early stage company experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Modeling and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.