Continental Corporation BestDrive Operations Manager in Morton, Illinois
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Tire Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. While the Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on leading safety performance, the broad brand portfolio and product range offer solutions for most of the market segments. Continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
Auto req ID 69690BR
Job Title BestDrive Operations Manager
Country United States
Posting Location Morton, IL
Manage all daily operations of BestDrive Commercial Center. Manage the BestDrive location P&L to generate profit to Continental. Establish and maintain processes and procedures for all daily functions involving the new operating system including inventory management, receiving and delivery processing, business computer systems, and customer interaction. Works with Corporate offices to ensure proper communication with current systems.
· Establish POS operating system specific to Best Drive location needs.
· Establish new accounts, process invoicing, and monitor money collections for accounts
· Reconcile monthly inventory.
· Establish logistics for daily inventory receiving and deliveries
· Establish warehouse layout for efficient continuous product movement
· Establish and maintain reports as needed BestDrive Organization and Corporate offices
· Complete understanding of tire nomenclature (sizes, designs, applications)
· Ability to make sales calls, have a complete understanding of truck tire sales process
· Make sales calls by phone to establish and develop new leads
· Establish Best Drive tire service demands based on customer requirements
· Make an Operating Profit
High School Diploma Required.
Five years Sales or Manufacturing experience required.
College degree in Business or Marketing Preferred.
Previous Sales or Manufacturing Experience in the Commercial Vehicle Tire Industry Preferred.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.