Savage Services Operator - Rail Transloader in Morenci, Arizona
The Operators responsibility but not limited to is to safely and efficiently manage the unloading of incoming sulfur railcars, spot the sulfur railcars and assist in the general maintenance and cleanup of the plant and equipment at our Morenci, AZ operation.
• Daily inspections of railcars, tractor-trailers, and equipment to ensure safe conditions and operation
• Railcar/transfer preparation, including installing bolt-on/bolt-off fittings, making hose connections, taking product samples, housekeeping of the facility
• Conduct numerous transfers of liquid bulk chemicals from tank cars to tank trucks each day
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment and facility
• Employees must wear Personal Protective Equipment at all times, including FRC/Nomex year-round
• Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English
MSHA experience and exposure a plus but not required
High School Diploma/GED
Prior experience handling bulk hazardous materials a plus but not required
Able to work outdoors year round in all conditions, able to walk several miles per day, able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance, able to climb/stoop/crawl
Must be able to work on elevated surfaces
Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
Must be able to pass respirator fit test
Savage is an innovative supply-chain solutions company. We are the leading provider of fully integrated systems, designed and operated to solve unique logistics and materials management challenges for industrial companies throughout North America. Each of us at Savage is committed to integrity and delivering reliable, sustainable services in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We expect our people to be progressive, relentlessly seeking improvement; experiencing opportunities for personal growth by working for a world-class organization and leader in the industry.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
External Company Name: Savage Services
External Company URL: www.savageservices.com