Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency Staff Nurse - Operating Room in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Located in downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is Minnesota's premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center. Committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families and staff, HCMC offers primary care and retail clinics throughout the Hennepin County metro area. We partner with our community, our patients and their families to ensure access to outstanding care. Our mission is to improve health and wellness through patient and community education, teaching and research.
HCMC has a current opening for a Staff Nurse in the Operating Room. This position is a 0.8 FTE (8) 8-hour rotating day/ night shifts/ 2-week pay period), every 4th weekend, mandatory call per unit policy.
The Operating Room (OR) has 17 full service OR suites capable of providing service to a variety surgical specialties including General, Pediatric, Neurosurgical, Orthopedic / Podiatric, Ophthalmologic, Gynecological, Ear Nose and Throat, Oral / Maxillofacial, Dental, Reconstructive Plastic / Burn, Cardiovascular, Urologic, and Trauma. In addition to these major surgical areas we have two vascular access rooms and two minor surgery suites. The OR, in combination with Vascular Access and Minor Surgery areas, performs over 11,000 surgical procedures per year totaling nearly 1,200,000 surgical minutes.
Within the context of the Hennepin County Medical Center "Centered Around You" Patient & Family Centered Care practice model, and under general supervision, the registered nurse provides and coordinates nursing care by:
- Protecting, promoting wellness and optimizing health
- Triaging patients by assessing severity of symptoms and referral to appropriate setting or level of care
- Alleviating suffering through nursing interventions and prescribed treatments
- Partnering with the patient, their family and significant others
- Documenting interventions and an individualized plan of care
- Educating patient on their disease process
- Assuring continuity of care
- Educating patient and family in preventative care which promotes health and well being
- 1 year of operating room professional nursing (RN) experience
- 1 year of acute/ hospital professional nursing (RN) experience -AND- completion of a peri-operative nursing program (must be completed within 6 months of hire date)
2 years of surgical technologist experience in a level 1 adult/ pediatric trauma center operating room
Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing or currently enrolled (employment is contingent on completion of the program within two years of hire date)
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment. HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We’re driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for your consideration in submitting an application.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.
Department: Operating Room
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis-Downtown Campus
Standard Hours/FTE Status: FTE = 0.80 (64 hours per pay period)
Shift Detail: Day, Night, Every 4th Weekend, On-call
Job Level: Staff
Employee Status: Regular
Eligible for Benefits: Yes
Union/Non Union: Union
Job Posting: Jun-06-2017