Chrysler Operations Manager Job in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Operations Manager is responsible for all parts distribution center operational activities, as well as all hourly and salaried bargaining unit employees. The selected candidate will also be responsible for fixed assets, financial audit controls, parts inventory and customer satisfaction for all markets (domestic and international). The Operations Manager will be a champion in team building and lead change by following and practicing the FCA Leadership Principles in a WCL warehousing facility. The Operations Manager must be able to multitask and exercise strong judgment with competing priorities. Additionally, the candidate must be able to clearly communicate and implement process changes that lead to the elimination of waste and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of management experience in distribution, logistics, manufacturing, or warehouse operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with and lead a diverse team
- Proven ability to foster and create a collaborative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Proven communication and writing skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Available to work multiple shifts (day and night), weekends, and extended weekday hours
- Master's degree
- 10+ years of experience in Lean operations management
- Experience working in a union environment and managing union employees in accordance with appropriate contractual requirements
- Ability to use Lean tools to conduct Kaizens, Continuous Improvement activities, 5s, Workplace Organization, and data collection and analysis
- Exposure to World Class Logistics audit process and World Class Logistics implementation
FCA US is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Job Number: 1029611
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Date Posted: 9-22-2017